Pacific Edge has its leading product in the marketplace, Cxbladder® , and several products in late stage development. Pacific Edge’s product benefits are compelling and seek to address a number of important current shortcomings in cancer detection and management, including the need for:
- Earlier Detection: Pacific Edge is seeking biomarker suites that characterise early stage cancer. Early diagnosis means treatment of cancer in its early stages, which is usually more effective than late-stage treatment and thus improves patient outcomes.
- Better Characterisation: high specificity and sensitivity tests, such as those Pacific Edge is developing, result in more certain diagnoses and greater surety of the best treatment methodology, resulting in better patient outcomes.
- Lower Cost: Pacific Edge’s tests are based on RNA or protein assays, which are low cost. Low cost tests result in more frequent screening and monitoring, leading to improved diagnosis for patients.
- Non-Invasive Testing: RNA and protein assays, which Pacific Edge uses, are done on body fluids such as urine or blood and are thus minimally invasive. Existing tests are often highly invasive, deterring patients from seeking screening.
- Greater Accuracy: Pacific Edge is developing multiple biomarker assays which have higher levels of accuracy than existing tests, as well as the ability to assay for multiple disease states or precursors. In contrast, the majority of products currently on the market rely on single biomarkers with attendant lack of accuracy.
- Greater Utility: Pacific Edge is developing single tests which provide multiple pieces of information, for example Cxbladder® achieves both diagnosis and identification of superficial vs. invasive tumours.
Pacific Edge's Product Pipeline