Cxbladder is an accurate, non-invasive urine based test for the detection of bladder cancer. The test uses unique molecular signatures to identify the presence of bladder cancer tumours. Cxbladder is supplied to the clinician as a complete kit for the collection and shipment of a patient’s urine sample and the test is carried out in a qualified Central Service Laboratory.
AN international multi-center, prospective cohort study1 of 485 patients showed that Cxbladder:
- Detected 100% of T1, T2, T3, and Tis tumours
- Detected 100% of upper tract tumours
- Detected 97% of high-grade tumours
- Distinguished between low grade Ta tumours and other detected urothelial carcinomas with a sensitivity of 91% and specificity of 90%
- Detected 68% of Ta tumors as compared to cytology at 35%
- Detected urothelial carcinoma (4%) not identified by cystoscopy during the clinical work-up but confirmed by cystoscopy at the 12 month follow-up
Cxbladder is available in New Zealand through Pacific Edge and in Australia through Pacific Edge or Healthscope. Cxbladder will offered in the USA from a centralised laboratory run by wholly owned subsidiary Pacific Edge Diagnostics USA Ltd in March 2013. In mid 2013 it will also be available in Spain through our license partner, Oryzon.
For further information, please visit www.cxbladder.com.